Saturday, March 8, 2008

Election Day!

.
Reached the polling centre around 9am.

It was so early and the whole place was empty.

Queued up behind 5 people, and walked slowly to the box by the instruction of committee.

Seems like no one to teach newbie about the voting.

Can only learn from watching those people in front.

Handed over my IC, and got my name spoken out loudly.

I was then given 2 papers, 1 orange, 1 red.

It took less than a minute for me to put the cross on both papers, because I have decided who to vote way before the election was announced.

My votes for state and parliament seats are the same.

I know my single vote doesn’t sound huge, but that’s another tiny unhappy voice from me towards the current unfair situation.

2/3 majority is definitely not a good thing for the public who are already suffering.

I don’t expect them to win big, but at least they have the power to monitor and protect our rights.
.

No comments:

Super Mario Game