Saturday, August 16, 2008

Solitude

.
It’s already mid of August and completed Week 2 in NTU. Well, it’s quite a different experience here compared to Malaysia and even in UK. Sometimes I do question myself why I throw myself another year long master courses? Is that going to be very useful and capable to secure a better job in future? Hmmmm….. Throwing myself again into some tedious third order integration and similar difficulty of mathematics? Throw myself away from beloved home and dog? Resting myself on an unfamiliar territory? These questions lied unanswered.

Back to my daily activities, basically I’m back to 100% student life at the moment, since I will not be able to work in the first semester. Waking up late on weekdays can be nice and relaxing, however, I normally reach home around 11.30pm after 3 hours of lectures and 1.5 hours of traveling from west to north east. In one ordinary weekday, I would need to walk to the mrt station nearby and catch a train from there to the second last station of the line and then switch into another line and sit until the last station. The entire process of the train journey is about 55 minutes. After that, I need to grab a bus into the uni campus.

This is actually my first time staying in a very high density place. The noise from the lift upgrading construction outside started 8.30am sharp. It’s not easy to cope with the noise level at first, and I slept with ear plug for the first week. I missed the quietness in my kl home and the comfortable chilly environment in uk.

Btw, if you are wondering what am I studying. It’s actually Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering.

.

No comments:

Super Mario Game