Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FAQ - My Daily Routine

.
Ever since I’ve relocated to Singapore, I took less than 10 photos from then. I have lost the interest of taking down memories of my student life in sg. I guess the huge reason behind this is my life sucks over here, well, for a student at least.

My daily routine would be rather dull, tasteless, or bleached. However, I still have the privilege of waking up late til 9am. (Yes, 9am is already considered outstanding, based on the noise level outside my room). Then followed by all basic stuffs that other humans did so in the morning.

After that, I’ll need to bring my grandma for a cup of coffee every morning. Then I’ll have a chance to grab something to eat from the kopitiam. This coffee session would normally lasts about 2.5 hours, due to the pace of my grandma, and also some pit stops at the benches along the way go and back.

Usually it will be already 11.30~12pm when I reach home, and rush to chase back some time for revising.

Lunch, it is the same everyday at home. Fried fish with fried vegetables. Healthy diet, due to my grandma’s condition. Eating the first day ok, 1 week still ok, 1 month? Cannot tahan di. But still have to eat. Eating outside oftenly would burn my RM savings even faster as I have lost my earning ability ever since I started study again. Stupid uni doesn’t allow international students to work for the first semester!

Later after lunch, I’ll pack and leave for uni. The journey from Hougang to NTU is about 1.5 hours or less. Taking the purple line all the way down to the second last station, outram park and then switch to green line all the way to the last station, boon lay. Then, I need to catch a public bus to the campus. Sometimes the queue for the bus can be as long as 1km, you can’t even fit into the first empty double decker arrived and wait for the next one.

Normally I’ll choose to study in library or reading room. Library the most of the time, because they have plenty of magazines. Haha. Basically not much activities that look rather interesting to me, I don’t need any grooming for better career, listen to any career talks nor overseas training. Even the mechanical society is almost wasted, their activities calendar is almost emptied and the only activity that launched was exam preparation and tips. WTF. There’s no technical excursion or leisure trip unlike Sheffield’s trip to greyhound racing, Rolls Royce factory visit, etc. I guess everyone here only thinks about their future and worked the rest of their life.

My classes usually starts at 6.45pm, so I need to get an early dinner for that. There are not much canteens or choices in walking distance. Really nothing proud to shout about. The lectures usually ends at 9.30pm but some nasty ones really hogged up til 9.45pm. The worst moment of my life is to squeeze into the public bus with the rest. I still remember once that I heard “excuse me” from my back when everyone is squeezing up and me being gentleman thinking that I’m blocking her to somewhere else and allow her to go through. And what she did next was cut the queue made into the bus in the nest minute. WTF. Her mainland education didn’t teach her about this?

By the time when I reach home, it is always already half past eleven and everyone is already gone to their peace zone. Tidy up myself, do some internet surfing, and hurried to my bed. There goes another day of my student life in Singapore…..
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being a filial grandson..good mah.

Super Mario Game