Friday, June 20, 2008

The Letter to AGK

.
The ever remembered staircase.
.
To: AGK

It’s been around 10 months since I left you. How have you been actually? Getting better or worst? Me myself are actually doing great, hope you do the same too.

Today, 20th of June 2008, is a very special day for you. I’m proud to see you have achieved another milestone.

You made it from SS2 to Kepong and now to Subang. You fought your way through the 1997 economy recession and survived on only five on-going projects during the hardest moment.

Surprised to be informed that you have officially closed down the Kepong office today and moving forward with a new life over subang as I was told to be 26th of June. The first thing came into my mind was waves of sadness and bitterness, as the Kepong office do really holds up heaps of sweet and sour memories with so many people with me.

Really wanted to thank you for introducing the construction process in Malaysia and also duty of the M&E Engineer to me. In fact this was my first technical job. I have been nourished from a fresh graduate to a M&E Engineer.

Glad to have so many energetic young engineers to guide me during my baby stage in the M&E field. Without Cheong, Lee, Galvin, Jerry, I wouldn’t able to walk like a kid this field. Without the frequent firing from Yeoh, I will never have better autocad skills that are now able to teach my designers. Yes, I have never grown from a green house, yet I still thank them sincerely for doing such to me.

Oh yeah, do you still remember the days we need to tidy up the office in order to receive the new Chinese year? That was really fun. I could still remember we had pizza and washed down with nasty hampers’ wine for lunch and went home in the noon on Day 30th? Besides that, we gamble blackjack all the time during Chinese new year season, that was so fun.

You can’t forget the heavy storm water that used to leak into the office everything when the rain gets heavier, can you? And also never forget to save your work more frequent as the tripping was very usual during thunder storms. When you talked about tripping, I could still remember we need to make recycle papers whenever power is out.

Fee: The money is coming in!


Cheong: Guess what, I saved your life again!

.
Haha, do you still remember how often we had lunch, dinner, supper, drinks, karaoke, beers, liquors in those days? Man I couldn’t recap how many time we made to Little Bali, Red Box, Neway, plenty of one-time-going pubs. Hey! At least I can remember we were invited to the launching on My KTV in Mid Valley and managed to catch May Day in action as they were here for the same purpose too.
.

"Mayday mayday, We have been hit............ by alcohol"

.
"Mayday Mayday, alcohol gonna overrun us soon"
.

Alien vs Predator
.

AGK - 12th Jan 2006
.

YY: "You are not going to have my pictures for commercial use!"
.

How about Bak ku teh? I bet you wouldn’t want to have bak ku teh lunch in every two days, in reality we do more than that last time! Ahhhh!!! I couldn’t have even once a month now! Damn.

Thanks to the strategic location in Kepong, you managed to hire some beautiful ladies like Judy, Esther, Sanly, and Shamila to assist us on some administration works. Life wasn’t too dull with their presence in da office. And glad to see all of them have a better life to move on after that.
.



Without your boss’s idea on hiring fresh meat trainee, I couldn’t have the chance to meet Ah Fee, Ooi, and Stephen. It’s fun and tiring to teach them from zero and glad to see them left AGK with plenty knowledge of construction process. I do hope they make an impact on the society and serve the economy well.

.

Scary feminine side of Ooi

.
How can you and me forget the helpful Kun and ever-serious Wan to work with, you will never felt alone and they were ready to lend a hand when you need to. Definitely Yeoh’s skills in CAD is worth mentioning, but he needs to wake up asap and get a better job. Never stay too long in the comfort zone, time will never wait for you.

.

YY: You are supposed to draw from here to there, not from there to here.

.
The saddest and regretted part of me in AGK history is I was never have enough time to know or to make closer friends with Chris, Shawn, Lim, Eva, Jackson, Stephen as I was about to leave when they joined the army of AGK. I was kind of busy with the decision of my future during my last three months and neglected them.

.

I'm not so being accepted by the new engineers, I told you so....

.
Lastly, I truly wish you all the best and hope everything goes better. Although I have chosen to walk in the different path, but I still hope we both can achieve our own goals earlier than we expected.

When people asked where were you trained from? And I’m proud to say I’m from AGK. Yes, I’m PROUD of you.
.

AGK - 22nd Dec 2005
.

AGK - 7th Aug 2007

.

The Last photo for company's filing purpose

.


.
Sincerely,

YY Liew
Who served for the army of AGK from 9/2005 - 8/2007
.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehee..nice blog man!!
glad tat u hav transformed urself from a cili padi to lada besar as u were raised by AGK!!
the blog is nice coz u stil remember to put me in the beauty list!! shud buy u a drink for promoting me la ^_^
u shud hav sent this blog to ah wong (mr. wong), i tink he might b "ngan sap sap" after reading it
kekekee........

Anonymous said...

yea....AGK roxx...all the best everyone....keep contact....if still have anymore BBQ session...remember to Give me a call...take care dude..

Super Mario Game