Monday, December 8, 2008

Landslide, My Version

.
Another huge landslide in Ulu Klang.

I could still recall the small landslide that happened to my house many years back, few years after the highland towers incident.

I remembered that day was still raining when I returned home from school. Just like one usual day, unlock the gate and walked into the house. Bloody hell! The whole ground floor was flooded with muddy water like milo, I was so shocked and quickly look for the source. Apparently the water came from second floor; this is because my house is actually sits on the hill and the backyard where the hill is connected to the second floor. In other words, the ground floor is partially underground. The worst part which makes me very fuming at was, my maid was shoving the muddy water outside of her room, to stop water entering her room only. Arghhhh!!!! How selfish is that?

The earth slide into my backyard with some medium size trees, blocked all drainage and water flooded into the living room in second floor. The water mark at living room was about one inch height while dropping to ground floor through the stairs. The one and only seen waterfall in my house. Great to see, pain to clean the mess.

It took more than a week to get things back in order. Trees need to be cut into smaller pieces and carried away from the backyard. The excessive soil too. Lastly, huge bright blue / orange plastic sheets were being pinned onto it. That was one tiring week! Pinch of salt added to the wound when I saw my maid was playing with the mud water in the living room while cleaning up. Damn it!

Since then any earth movement heard from the slope at the back will kept me awake. To run for my life just in case.

When are they going to ban those developments at very steep sites? Landslide, banned, reviewed, approved, landslide again, banned again, reviewed again and then approved again? Look at those frustrations that are brewing around my neighbourhood.


http://saveukayhts.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's about time hillside projects are BANNED.

Super Mario Game