Sunday, February 17, 2008

To Vote or Not To Vote, Correctly.....

.
Saw sea of blue flags along the MRR2 and it suddenly reminds me of the past election moments.

Although I’m not mature enough or ineligible to vote previously, but I do enjoy seeing the flags of different colours, the speeches given, the way newspapers reporting it.

Year 2008, being the first time or year that I’m qualified to vote.

Registered in year 2007, just to get myself in the electoral roll on time. Registration was fairly simple, just produce your IC at the post office counter, and the rest wasn't difficult to imagine.

Got myself into the Election Commission of Malaysia official website and checked my electoral roll.

I’m registered to Ukay Height District, Bukit Antarabangsa State Assembly, Ampang Parliamentary, and my polling centre would be Mutiara International Grammar School.

The next thing I need to know is to find out who’s the current representative of my district. Before I’m ready to cast my vote, I need to “know” more about the persons I might need to choose from. So it’s better to do some research on them.

Googled awhile, and I got En. Azman Wahid (BN). The first thing comes to my mind was who the heck is he????

The following are the highlights of the search result about him:-

1. Bkt Antarabangsa folks fed-up with BN rep

2. Evolusi Etnik Sdn Bhd – Managing Director

3. Yang Buruk Dalam UMNO – REFORM

4. Award of Setia Mahkota Selangor (S.M.S.)

5. Kampung Berembang Tragedy in Ampang

6. Adun Bukit Antarabangsa, Tuan Azman Wahid, pernah berkata dengan angkuh, tiada seorang peguam pun yang menang dalam kes melibatkan setinggan, apabila mengetahui penduduk menggunakan khidmat peguam."Bayangkan, hancur tidaknya hati kami mendengar wakil rakyat berkata demikian kepada kami, sedangkan kepada dialah tempat kami mengadu dan mengemukakan masalah," keluh beliau. (Source)

The search result has reached page 5 and I still couldn’t get any good news from him. Probably he bribed Google to hide all his hearty contributions and make him look like a bad guy to us.

Whether he will be the representative of BN this time or not, I’ll still pick wisely. Not because of the logo or party like
he did mentioned earlier, should be by his performance record.

“This was in my house, my castle, in the privacy of my room. I am the king in my house. I can talk whatever rubbish if I choose to even if I am drunk as long as I do not misbehave in public.” ~ VK Lingam
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey I did the same thing. googled for the candidate's name and found your blog! It's my first time voting, too. Happy Voting!

Super Mario Game