Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tyre Changing Season

.
It’s almost 2 years and 51,000 km clocked.

And, it’s about time to change a new set of tyres…

Seems like my bonus will be colder than water and drained into the 2 pieces of black rubber.

Luckily I’m just changing two and not four, thanks to the nice 1 foot deep pothole at MRR2 on some nice rainy day. Hmmm let me recall what happened on that day.

It was a real bad day; firstly, ffked by my ex-colleague, then I have to settle my dinner myself and drive home. Secondly, it was a great day, rainy and wet night.

As usual, poorly dimmed corner due to the bridge construction and raining makes things even greater to my white light bulb.

Was cruising about 90+km/h while taking the corner and hit it with no expectation at all.

As a result, a loud puncture sound and damn heavy steering.

It killed the front right tyre instantly and I move slowly to the nearest petrol station. Even the tortoises were scolding me.

I decided to change to spare tyre at the nearest petrol station and not along the road shoulder, because it is so dangerous to perform tyre changing in dark roads. Furthermore, I knew that the engineers must have ensured that the mass of vehicle will be shared safely by other 3 tyres, so no point to change immediately at risky places.

When I reached the petrol station, and I suddenly received a message from another ex-colleague saying that he’s just at the opposite side of the road. Wow…. That’s great, maybe not so great for him, hahahahaha….. after texting him, he came immediately.

To cut the story short, we changed it together, and went home safely.

At the end of the day, I learn something new, is not about tyre changing, is about genuine friendship that appears when you are in trouble. I would say I’m glad to have such friends and your contribution will always remembered by me.


THANK YOU VELI MUCHSSSS.

Besides that, another lesson I’ve learn was to take pictures of the killer pothole and to claim their insurance. Sue these bitches to bankruptcy...


Anyway, back to the new tyre.





Changing another 2 pieces of Michelin Pilot Preceda 2 makes me so excited to wait for the weekend to come. The performance is way much better than stock Goodyear NCT5

Hmmmm…. I’m sitting at a corner of the house and waiting patiently like a kid, just like he’s waiting for his school holiday to come….
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should have charged you for that tyre changing session. Hhehehee.
By the way, i think you made me missed a tv programme that night.
Was it "Lost" or "American Idol"??

Super Mario Game